Monday, December 13, 2010

Unevenly Distributed: Chrome, the iPad and the Crossroads of Civilization

Remember the adage - Content is King! (or Queen)?

It's a phrase I've tried to keep front and centre throughout my career as a communicator. While the vehicle of choice to deliver the content keeps evolving - it's the message that matters.

Unfortunately, that's something that many folks are losing site of again these days, as new technology brings us lots of new toys and exciting new ways to create, share and discover our content.

So it was a pleasure to discover this essay about why those who are sceptical about Google's latest toy - the Chrome OS - are missing the point.

While I still love books and my old laptops, I also have an iPad and I can easily imagine myself embracing Google's cloud vision in the future.

The content that we all seek to create and consumer should not be limited or defined by the devices we use.

Settle in for a wonderful read.

Unevenly Distributed: Chrome, the iPad and the Crossroads of Civilization



No comments: