Thursday, November 18, 2010

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web


web-book.jpg

This page I'm going to send you to is interesting for a lot of reasons. First, it's a nice round-up of stuff about the web and browsers - history, security, how to use, etc. It's a really good read for anyone, but especially if you want to know more about some of those topics.

But what's really cool is the way the information is presented.

I don't read books on my computer much - at least, not for pleasure. I much prefer some of my other ways to read, such as my iPad, or even a real book, which are still around, you know.

But the folks at Google are always coming up with interesting projects and this appears to be one of them. This is a book format that I could see becoming really popular for a lot of things.

I think they're demonstrating some of the benefits of HTML5, an emerging new web standard for handling video on the web, but I could be wrong about that. Note that the URL changes when you flip a page, even though the browser page doesn't actually reload.

There's no doubt that this book is very cool. Just go ahead and click on the photo above or follow the link below to open the page in your browser. Click on "Open Book" and then just use your mouse to explore. It's fun.

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

(Via Daring Fireball.)

No comments: