Sunday, June 06, 2010

IABC 2010 in Toronto

I've arrived at the IABC 2010 International Convention in Toronto. Things actually got underway for many earlier today, but I was up north over the weekend with my brother's family, so I didn't arrive until later this afternoon.

For me, the conference is off to a great start. The opening session featured The Drum Cafe, an enthusiastic group that uses drumming to get everybody into the corporate sharing mood. It's a lot more fun than it sounds and if you've got a corporate gig coming up and you need a way to motivate your team and get them all marching to the same drumbeat, these guys are a natural.

The opening session this evening was at the Royal Ontario Museum. What a gorgeous museum. I haven't seen it since the renovations. We were able to see the Chinese exhibit, but most of the galleries were off limits. I think I'm going to make some time this week to go back and spend a few hours wandering around. Who knows when I'll get another chance.

What was wonderful about the reception was meeting all my old work buddies and good friends from IABC Toronto. I haven't seem most of them since I left - which is now four years ago. It's hard to believe that I haven't been back since, but that's they way life flies by, I guess. We all still look great of course.

The conference is going to be a lot of fun for me this week. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: