Sunday, May 03, 2009

The corner seat


Retail corner
Originally uploaded by Dave Traynor
This photo shows a corner window in the new retail area of my cousin's organic bread bakery, La Boulange, in Qualicum Beach. It's a great operation and I was visiting with him on Sunday afternoon.

This picture is from a set of photos of John's newly-renovated operation that I've posted on my Flickr site.

You can read more about his operation there.

I was up there to visit John's Dad, my Uncle Alan, who will be 97 this month. He's recuperating in hospital in Nanaimo from a recent stroke and a broken wrist. But he was in good spirits today, still able to quiz me about all of my family and tell me all kinds of stories about the "old days." He's the only link left of my Dad's family, so he's very special and I'm glad he's doing so well.

No comments: