Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time for a major upgrade


For those of you that have been following my 1aDay posts, you'll notice that there's been an interruption recently. I've been battling some computer problems which have affected my ability to edit photos.

My trusty Apple Powerbook laptop, which is my primary computer, is getting cranky. My photo software resides on this computer but in recent days, the colours on my monitor have gone wonky. I'm still able to work on it, but the colour shifts are all over the place, which makes adjusting photographs a bit of a crapshoot.

So, I've decided that it's time to upgrade the computer I use for my photo and web work. Today, I ordered a new 24" IMac, just like the one pictured here. It's a nice machine - very fast, with an outstanding monitor. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited and looking forward to its arrival. That should be sometime this week, assuming that Fed Ex can find its way to the Island.

I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives.

No comments: