Thursday, April 16, 2009

This is a commercial that will make you smile

You may have already come across this T-Mobile TV Spot, but I hadn't seen it before. It's a great piece of theatre - all designed to look spontaneous.

There's a really interesting backstory to the making of the commercial, which you can find here. I read the backstory first, then tracked down a copy of the video and watched it. I'm not sure which order is the better way to do it. I don't think it matters.

I loved the way that the dancers involved the bystanders. I'm not sure how I'd react if I was a part of it, but I suspect I'd enjoy it.

Here's the link to the video clip.

And here's the link to the story in Boards magazine.

You'll enjoy this.

UPDATE - If you were having any trouble with the links above, I found a copy of the commercial on YouTube. You can view it below. Click on the HQ button at the bottom for the best quality.


Anonymous said...



Sue Horner said...

Thanks for sharing! I had seen the video but not the backstory; you are right, I don't think it matters in which order you see them. What fun!