Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Taking the long way home

I shot this while the Dixie Chicks' song The Long Way Around was playing on my Ipod. It's usually still light when I head home from the office but I worked late tonight. 

I was looking for a shot for the 1aDay project and I figured that I'd just shoot a few from the car. Interesting effects, with the cars going by and the sun going down. And the Dixie Chicks seemed to set the perfect mood. 

If you haven't heard the song, check it out. I highly recommend the documentary "Shut Up and Sing" about their brush with immortality, thanks to their criticism of George Bush after the Iraq war began. It's a fascinating story and great filmmaking. And the music is great.

The Long Way Around is the album that came out of that whole experience.

No comments: