Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday fun for July 20, 2007

Today's the day that we've all been waiting for. Well, actually, it's tomorrow at one minute past midnight...we finally find out what happens to Harry Potter.

Of course, some meddlings muggles have spoiled things by posting spoilers on the Internet and in some American newspapers, but the true believers won't be put off by that kind of nonsense.

Actually, I'm not really that excited about the release of the last book in this series, but I'm enjoying watching the way it's all playing out. My daughter Kelly (who is living with us this summer) is beside herself with anticipation.

"You know, I think I just might throw up," she told me this morning, listening to a local bookseller talking on the radio about the upcoming launch. Then it got worse, as she sat down to read a review about the book in the local paper, and learned that up to half a dozen characters get killed off in the final book. "I'm going to start crying right now!"

Tomorrow, it will all be past. Kelly's copy of the book will be arriving via a special Canada Post delivery first thing in the morning thanks to a deal that Chapters offered. Once she's finished, then I get to read it, which I'm looking forward to.

So in the spirit of enjoying the Potter mania sweeping around the world today, I present the latest installment of the Potter Puppet Pals in The Mysterious Ticking Noise. Just click on the video below to watch.



And if you like that one, there's a bunch more on YouTube. Just search under Potter Puppet Pals.

Wonderful use of storytelling in a video

Dan York at Disruptive Conversations points us to a great video, which won a gold medal at the Cannes Lions event.

Click here to see Dan's original post, or watch the video below.



Enjoy!


Technorati Tags:


No comments: