Thursday, April 26, 2007

Friday fun for Apr 27, 2007


I've got a mixed bag of entertainment this Friday. There's an interactive segment involving a dog and typing; a bit of a how-to (although I doubt you can); an imaginative video using Flash; and a quiz to test your intellect. Oh...and a gratuitous guitar video (just because).

Like I said, it's a mixed bag, but hey -- it's almost the weekend, right?

Here we go...

I do dog tricks

This is the interactive part. Click this link and you'll figure out what's required. Can anyone say "precious?"

How to create a 3-D sidewalk image

I've linked to some previous videos about 3-D sidewalk artists (here's one of my posts) and I think I've seen the one that's the subject of this video before. But this is a video about how the piece was made. It's fascinating to see the care that goes into creating the illusion of depth using a 2-D picture. It's kind of long, but interesting.

Here's the link to the video.

Get the beat

It's not a guitar video, but it goes well with one. An imaginative use of Flash animation and a catchy beat.

Watch the video here.

Did I mention there would be a quiz?

Do you like challenges? I found another on-line science quiz from the BBC. This is a hard one -- at least I didn't do that well. Surprising how often the right answer is not what you expected.

Take the quiz yourself here.

And finally, the gratuitous Guitar Video

It's been awhile since I've put up a guitar video. Here's one from the Sydney Opera House. This guy is a 12-string virtuoso.

Here's the link to the video.

Enjoy!



Technorati Tags:


No comments: