Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blogging will be light while I'm on the road


Here's a belated update on my travels. Plus, I just managed to upload some photos, so I've added a snap here of Jaime and Kelly at the University of Louisville. This was taken last week, the day we left Kelly there.

I'm at the cottage in Buena Vista, with Jaime and the dogs. We're staying here for the week with my Mom, her sister, Gwen, from PEI, and Gwen's daughter, Mary, who's here from Montreal.

We're having a lovely, relaxing time, which is why you won't see any more posts from me until I get set up in Victoria.

Jaime and I are leaving here Friday for Edmonton, and a brief stop-over with my sister there. She's got a dog and a welcome mat out for our puppies.

Then, on Saturday, Jaime and I plan to blast right through from Edmonton to Victoria. We're hoping to catch the 9pm or 10 pm ferry to Victoria...but it will be a challenge to make it in one day. I'll post next week and let you know how I did.

And finally, once I get to my new digs, I'm going to do a little walking tour of the area, taking lots of pictures and posting some commentary, so you can get a sense of what the new life I'm heading into looks like. And it will be good for me to get my head into it as well.

So, I'm going to kick back and enjoy a few more days of sun, then a brief drive through the mountains and I'll be home. I can hardly wait. I'll talk to you again in September.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
If you don't make it all the way on Saturday...you and Jaime are certainly welcome to crash here.
Darryl

Dave said...

Thanks Darryl. I've got to admit that is our back-up plan, but we're pretty sure we're going to make that last ferry. But thanks again for the offer.