Sunday, December 18, 2005

Proud Papa Update -- Kelly's a Cardinal!


I just realized that I hadn't let you know about Kelly's big decision, which she made a couple of days ago.

As you might know, she's been entertaining rowing scholarship offers from the University of Louisville, Cal-State in Sacramento and Washington State in Pullman, Washington.

It was a tough decision, but she's decided to go to Louisville next September, and join the Louisville Cardinals rowing program. They were her first choice from the beginning, but strong challenges from both Sacramento and Washington State made the decision a really tough one. (That's their varsity 8 on the right.)

The other variable is that Heather and I will be in Victoria next year, which means Kelly will be a long way away. But she'll only be a short (about 8 hours) drive from Hamilton. And Cory will be still be here, so she'll have someone to stay with if she gets back during the school year to visit her friends.

Needless to say, Heather and I are very, very proud of Kelly. She has handled the pressure of being recruited, visiting the campuses, evaluating the programs and making a really tough decision with incredible poise. She's a great kid and I'm just so very, very proud...did I mention that I'm proud of her?

Well, I'm glad I got that out. Now we're all going to settle in and enjoy this holiday season, the last one we'll be spending here in Hamilton. Jaime arrived home last weekend and it's been great to have her around again. She's flying higher than ever. She's the only kid I know who welcomes the chance to come home and work out for hours and hours every day, since she doesn't have any school work. Talk about dedication (or is it obsession?) I'm only kidding, Jaime.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Congratulations! You must be beaming -- as should be Kelly.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas, Dave.