Thursday, September 01, 2005

Chilling stories out of New Orleans

I just got a note from MediaChannel.org. They've posted some of the stories coming from the forums hosted by the Times-Picayune in New Orleans. The newspaper is devoting it's full resources to covering the effects of the hurricane and many are using the paper's forums as a way to try to communicate to the outside world.

(Note -- This link may not be working anymore. When I tried to go back to it, I couldn't get through. I suspect that high traffic may be playing havoc with it.)

But the threads are getting scary and they make for chilling reading. I feel so helpless when I read them, thinking about what those people are going through...if you want to help, I suggest you consider donating to the Red Cross, which is now accepting donations on behalf of the American Red Cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been having some problems with CommentSpam, so I've added a feature to combat it. This comment is designed to see whether it works.