Sunday, October 10, 2004

A lot to be Thankful for...

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving, everyone. Here in Saskatchewan, this nice run of weather continues. Today was another warm, sunny day. It was a great day for closing up the cottage, which is just what I did. I ferried all the accumulated junk around the place to the dump, shut off and drained the water system, and shut everything up nice and tight for the winter. 'Cause I know the cold weather is coming...

I've had just about enough of this being away from home business. My contract writing work is done here in Regina, so I'm ready to hit the highway back to Hamilton. But my Mom is still in the hospital after her stroke and we're not sure just what her future prognosis is. So I'm hanging around until we know for sure what's going to happen. But I'm getting more and more antsy to get home. I've been away for quite awhile already and I'd like to think that they need me.

Today, my Mom seemed pretty together, but she wasn't able to remember anything prior to today. She was surprised to see me, and stunned to find that she'd been in the hospital for so long. But she isn't able to walk on her own and that's the main criteria for getting back to her former residence. Oh well...tomorrow I'll be up there trying to get her back up walking. I hope we're able to make progress. This week, since I won't be working anymore, I hope to spend a lot of time working with Mom...let's hope it has some effect.

No comments: